4K Program (4 – 5 years)
Getting Ready for School
Our program is specifically designed to meet the child care and learning needs of four and five year old children. This challenging, fun and age-appropriate program engages each child, helping to think, reason and communicate.
Ensuring Your Child’s Seamless Transition to Kindergarten
The Pre-K classrooms at Sycamore Tree are designed to help your child make significant developmental gains, like communicating successfully, and working well both independently and in groups. Our teachers use these educational tools and activities to prepare your child for Kindergarten and life outside of Sycamore Tree.
Educational Tools and Activities
- Construction & Design
- Dramatic Play
- Creativity and Art Projects
- Reading & Listening
- Science & Sensory Activities
Your Child’s Day
The year-round Pre-K curriculum includes themed units that incorporate the best practices of early childhood education experts and promote school-readiness. Your child will create journals and portfolios that encourage communication through drawing and writing.
The typical daily structure for your child might include:
- Morning and Afternoon Circle time where the day’s themed activities are introduced and reviewed.
- Opportunities to explore and evaluate feelings.
- Activities in the Learning Centers to bring the day’s educational theme to life.
- Back to Basics Math, Language or Literacy skills focus to build their knowledge and prepare them for Kindergarten.
- Story time, which allows your child to read a story with the class or act out a character.
- Song and Poem time to strengthen early literacy skills.
- Music and movement to expand your child’s vocabulary and listening skills.
- Outdoor play at least twice daily to participate in group play, burn off energy and develop motor skills.
- Lunch and quiet time to nourish and rest your child’s growing mind and body.
Extending into Summer
In addition, our summer program offers three months of learning, fun and sun—filled with exciting themes and activities that reinforce learning objectives and further school-readiness.